Andhra style chicken curry | Kodi Kura recipe
Andhra style chicken curry | Kodi Kura recipe with step by step pictures. I always like Andhra cuisine for its spiciness. We used to have meals in Andhra mess in office. They used to prepare nice omelette and chicken curry.
I want to try Andhra style chicken curry and was browsing through lot of recipes. There are lot of variations of Kodi Kura where they use coconut, grind spices etc.
Finally I settled down with the recipe which uses curd instead of tomato. I made lot of modifications to the recipe to suit my taste. This gravy goes well with rice or chapati or roti. Do try and let me know how it turned out for you.
How to make Andhra Chicken curry with step by step pictures
- Finely chop the onions, slit green chillies lengthwise. If you don’t have ginger garlic paste you can make the paste and keep it ready. Beat the curd and keep it aside
- Dry roast the ingredients given under roast and grind section except cashews. Add the cumin seeds at the end as they get browned fast. Cool the mixture and grind to a fine powder.
- Roast cashews in the same kadai and grind to a smooth paste. This step is optional. It gives rich taste to the gravy.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Once it is hot add the finely chopped onions and slit green chillies. Saute nicely till the raw smell of onions goes.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute nicely for few minutes.
- Then add chicken and saute for few minutes
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
- Add required water and allow it to boil.
- Now add the roasted powder and cook till chicken is tender and soft.
- Add the cashews paste if you are using and allow it to boil for 5 minutes
- Finally add the curd and cook for few mins and switch off.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with rice or roti.