Moong Dal Chilla Recipe | Protein rich breakfast recipe with step-by-step pictures and instructions. Moong Dal Chilla is a healthy and nutritious breakfast made with moong dal and spices. It is protein rich and very filling breakfast.
About Moong Dal Chilla
It is quick and instant breakfast which can be prepared very quickly with handful of pantry ingredients. You can make it for dinner as well as quick evening snacks. You can have them on its own or serve it with any chutney.
Recipe is quite similar to Pesarattu which is made with green gram dal. You can also try Moong dal Karara, Renu's Moong dal dry Kachori, one pot moong dal sambar or delicious Sujata's Moong dal halwa with moong dal.
- Moong Dal
- Green Chilli
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves
See recipe card for quantities.
Wash and soak the moong dal for 2-3 hours.
Drain the water completely and take them in a mixer.
Add green chilli, ginger, salt, hing, and turmeric powder.
Grind them to a smooth batter adding little water.
Transfer to a bowl and add finely chopped onions and coriander leaves.
Mix everything to form a medium-consistency batter.
Heat kadai and spread the batter as a round dosa.
Drizzle oil on the top.
Once it is cooked, carefully flip the chilla and cook on the other side.
Hot Moong dal chilla is ready.
Moong Dal Chilla
- Moong Dal 1 cup
- Green chilli 2-3
- Ginger 1 tsp finely chopped
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Hing ½ tsp
- Salt as required
- Onions 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves 2-3 tbsp finely chopped
- Wash and soak the moong dal for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the water completely and take them in a mixer.
- Add green chilli, ginger, salt, hing, and turmeric powder.
- Grind them to a smooth batter adding little water.
- Transfer to a bowl and add finely chopped onions and coriander leaves.
- Mix everything to form a medium-consistency batter.
- Heat kadai and spread the batter as a round dosa.
- Drizzle oil on the top.
- Once it is cooked, carefully flip the chilla and cook on the other side.
- Hot Moong dal chilla is ready.
- Veggies- add carrot, capsicum, tomato to the batter and make chilla.
- Spicy- Use red chilli instead of green chillies.
- Kid friendly - Add some cheese, sauce for kids.
Prepare the batter and keep in fridge. You can use it for 2-3 days.
- You can little rice flour or add 2 tbsp of rice while grinding to make it crispy.
- Adjust the spices according to your preference.
Check out the other breakfast recipes.
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share picture of recipe with hashtag #namscorner in Instagram or mail me @firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or subscribe to get regular updates on your mailbox.