Pudina Thogayal Recipe | Mint Thogayal | Mint chutney recipe with step by step pictures and instructions. Pudina thogayal is a spicy and tangy chutney made with fresh mint leaves. Thogayal or thuvaiyal as we call is one of the most commonly made side dishes in South Indian homes. There are so many variations of making thuvaiyal using different types of greens and it usually comes in handy. It keeps well in the fridge for few days.
Drizzle some sesame oil or ghee and enjoy with hot rice/idli or dosa. You can mix it with rice and pack it for a lunch box. It is so quick and easy to make. It gets ready in less than 15 minutes. Sending this to FoodieMondayBloghop theme #293TiffinSideDishes suggested by Priya. Do check out Kongunadu tomato gravy and many more interesting recipes from her blog. Let’s check out how to make this simple mint thogayal
Some Chutney recipes from the blog
Pudina Thogayal Recipe | Mint Thogayal | Mint chutney
- Mint leaves/pudina 1 cup packed
- Oil 2 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tbsp
- Chana dal 1 tbsp
- Red chilli 5-6
- Tamarind small lemon size
- Grated coconut 2 tbsp optional
- Hing 2 pinch
- Salt as required
- Clean and wash the mint leaves.
- Heat oil and temper with chana dal, urad dal, red chilli and hing.
- Once it browns add the washed mint leaves
- Saute for 2 minutes till it shrinks.
- Switch off and add tamarind.
- Allow it to cool down and transfer to mixer along with salt.
- Grind to smooth paste adding little water.
- Transfer to bowl or container.
- Mint Thogayal is ready. Serve it with rice/idli/dosa.
How to make Pudina thogayal with step by step pictures
Clean and wash the mint leaves.
Heat oil and temper with chana dal, urad dal, red chilli, and hing.
Once it browns add the washed mint leaves
Saute for 2 minutes till it shrinks.
Switch off and add tamarind.
Allow it to cool down and transfer to the mixer along with salt. Grind to smooth paste adding little water. Transfer to bowl or container.
Mint Thogayal is ready. Serve it with rice/idli/dosa.
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share pictures of the recipe with hashtag #namscorner on Instagram or mail me @email@example.com. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or subscribe to get regular updates on your mailbox.