Rice Cutlet Recipe | Leftover Rice Cutlet Recipe | Leftover recipes with step by step pictures and instructions. Rice cutlet is crispy and delicious cutlet made using leftover cooked rice, potatoes and spices. Quick and easy snack which you can make when you have some leftover rice from lunch.
Monsoons have started and its been raining on and off past one week in Chennai and we are carving some hot snacks with Tea/Coffee. Just mash the leftover rice, add some mashed potatoes, veggies of your choice, spices and flour for binding. Shape them as patties and shallow fry them till golden and crispy. Your evening snacks is sorted out.
Its my contribution to bi monthly event in Healthy Wealthy Cuisines facebook group where group of bloggers will be posting on particular theme. Current theme is #MonsoonSpecialAtHW suggested by Poonam who blogs at Annapurna. You should try Sweet corn cheese balls, Onion Fritters and many more interesting and healthy recipes from her blog. Check out some of the monsoon special recipes from my blogger friends.
- Air Fryer Vegetable Pakoras by Jayashree
- Ram Ladoo by Swaty
- Beetroot and Potato Tikki by Preethi
- Garlic Rasam by Poonam
- Moong Dal Pakora by Ruchi
- Masoor Dal Pakora by Sasmita
- Paneer Pakoras by Shalu
- Baked Maddur Vada by Vanitha
Do try and let me know your feedback. You can also try the below recipes
Rice Cutlet Recipe | Leftover Rice Cutlet Recipe | Leftover recipes
- Leftover rice 2 cups
- Potato 1 cup boiled and mashed
- Carrot 1/4 cup grated
- Capsicum 1/2 cup
- Green chilli 2
- Onion 1
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Corn flour 2 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Take leftover rice and nicely mash it.
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes in a bowl.
- Add mashed rice to it.
- Then add onions, carrot, capsicum, green chill, red chilli powder, pepper powder, garam masala, salt, corn flour and rice flour.
- Mix everything nicely till combined
- Take small round balls and flatten them in your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the cutlet.
- Flip and cook them till golden
- Drain in paper tissue.
- Delicious rice cutlet is ready. Enjoy on its own or with tomato sauce.
How to make Rice Cutlet with step by step pictures
Take leftover rice and nicely mash it.
Boil, peel and mash the potatoes in a bowl.
Add mashed rice to it.
Then add onions, carrot, capsicum, green chill, red chilli powder, pepper powder, garam masala, salt, corn flour and rice flour.
Mix everything nicely till combined
Take small round balls and flatten them in your hands.
Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the cutlet.
Flip and cook them till golden
Drain in paper tissue.
Delicious rice cutlet is ready. Enjoy on its own or with tomato sauce.
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share picture of recipe with hashtag #namscorner in instagram or mail me @email@example.com. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Pinterest or subscribe to get regular updates on your mail box.
Poonam Bachhav says
Jayashree T.Rao says
Vanitha Bhat says