Roasted corn on the cob | Indian Street style roasted corn recipe with step-by-step pictures and instructions. Roasted corn on the cob is a street style dish where corn is roasted directly on flame and rubbed with spices.
About Roasted Corn
You will find this roasted corn across India with various street food vendors. I love this corn sold in beach where they will grill this corn until it is nicely charred. Then apply spices along with lemon juice and serve it hot. So quick and easy to make.
- Sweet corn with the cob
- Red chilli powder
- Chaat masala
See recipe card for quantities.
Clean and remove the husk from the corn.
Roast the corn directly on a stove flame. Keep rotating every 20 seconds till it is nicely charred. Corn will start to pop.
Take lime juice in a bowl.
Add salt and red chilli powder to it.
Brush the masala on the roasted corn.
Sprinkle some chaat masala on the top and serve it hot.
- Use fresh and tender corn.
- You can grill the corn in the oven or air fryer as well.
- You can use cumin powder, garam masala, amchur powder, and green chutney for the flavors as well.
- Brush butter on the hot corn to make it more flavorful.
Street Style Roasted Corn
- Corn on the cob 2
- Lemon ½
- Salt ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Chaat masala to sprinkle optional
- Clean and remove the husk from the corn.
- Roast the corn directly on a stove flame. Keep rotating every 20 seconds till it is nicely charred. Corn will start to pop.
- Take lime juice in a bowl.
- Add salt and red chilli powder to it.
- Brush the masala on the roasted corn.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on the top and serve it hot.
I am sure you will love other street food recipes
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share picture of recipe with hashtag #namscorner in Instagram or mail me @email@example.com. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or subscribe to get regular updates on your mailbox.