South Indian Breakfast Platter | Mini Tiffin Menu
South Indian Breakfast Platter | Mini Tiffin recipes usually served in South Indian Restaurants. Mini tiffin is very popular in South Indian restaurants where they serve idli, dosa, pongal, sweet with variety of accomplishments. We can have lot of variations like mini idli, podi idli instead of normal idli and masala dosa, onion dosa, rava dosa etc.
How can I miss South Indian Breakfast thali which is so close to my heart when doing breakfast recipes from different states for this week. Today’s spread is idli, dosa, pongal, vada with sambar, coconut chutney, coriander chutney and kara chutney. There is no much sweet takers in home so I didn’t do any sweet. When I am planning for guests will make kesari or ashoka halwa as sweet. Serve with Filter coffee.
South Indian Breakfast Platter Menu
Main dishes included in the Menu
Side dishes included in the platter
I have added links to recipes already in the blog. Will add links to other recipes as and when it is available. Planning this breakfast is so simple and easy when proper planning is done. Some points and variations you can make
- You can prepare the vada batter previous day and keep in fridge.
- You can use the same batter to make idli and dosa.
- Once everything is ready you can prepare other side dishes, pongal, steam the idli, prepare the vadai.
- I always use my two stove burners and induction parallel to make quickly.
- You can make variations to this thali by include podi idli, mini idli sambar instead of normal idli.
- You can prepare masala dosa, onion dosa or rava dosa.
- Make Rava Pongal, Broken wheat Pongal, Millet Pongal instead of normal pongal with rice.
- Include Poori instead of Pongal in your menu.
- Choose different type of chutneys.
- Serve Idli podi as one condiments to idli/dosa
- Finally end the breakfast with Filter coffee
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share picture of recipe with hashtag #namscorner in instagram or mail me @firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Pinterest or subscribe to get regular updates on your mail box