Tamarind Chutney | Sweet Chutney recipe with step by step pictures and instructions. Learn how to make sweet and tangy tamarind chutney. It is combination of spicy, tangy and sweet taste. Sweet chutney is used in preparing various chat items like sev puri, pani puri, bhel puri, dahi puri, samosa chat etc.This can be prepared using dates. I didn't use dates and used only jaggery for sweetness. We can use normal sugar also. But jaggery gives nice taste to the chutney.
Look forward to some yummy chat recipes using this chutney. This chutney can be used in sandwiches as well as with snacks as dip. I usually use the leftover chutney to make sandwiches. This chutney keeps well for more than a month in fridge and in freezer for longer time. I won't usually keep it so longer. I usually have tamarind extract in fridge and I have used 1 cup of that extract. My tamarind extract will be medium consistency not too thick or thin. You can use size of big lemon to make tamarind extract of 1 cup.
Do try and let me know your feedback. You can also try the below recipes
Tamarind Chutney | Sweet Chutney
- Tamarind extract 1 cup
- Powdered jaggery ½ cup + 1 tbsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder 1.5 tsp
- Cumin powder ½-1 tsp
- Take tamarind extract in pan and allow it to boil
- Add powdered jaggery to tamarind extract.
- Once it melts, add salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Allow it to boil nicely and cook for 3-4 minutes till it becomes thick
- Allow it to cool completely
- Store in airtight container and use for chats, sandwiches or snacks.
How to make Tamarind Chutney with step by step pictures
Take tamarind extract in pan and allow it to boil
Add powdered jaggery to tamarind extract.
Once it melts, add salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder.
Allow it to boil nicely and cook for 3-4 minutes till it becomes thick
Allow it to cool completely.
Store in airtight container and use for chats, sandwiches or snacks.