Valaikappu Lunch Menu | Baby shower Lunch Menu
Valaikappu Lunch Menu | Baby shower Lunch Menu recipes. Baby shower is celebrated for woman who is expecting baby in her 7th or 9th month. It is also called as valaikappu or seemantham in Tamil. In tamil culture parents of the woman bring seervarisai or gifts for their daughter and then will have bangle ceremony where all ladies will put bangles for the expectant mother and keep santhanam and kungumam. They cook 7 or 9 types of variety rice for her on that day and then take daughter to their home for delivery.
Once the function is over, other close relatives will cook for her and bring. You can enjoy some delicious food till delivery. I made this delicious platter for my sister in law. Traditionally they will cook lemon rice, tamarind rice, coconut rice, tomato rice. I choose different ones as I thought she will be bored of eating the same type of rice. I made seven types of rice along with all other side dishes. Didn’t plan to take pictures so some items may be missing in the banana leaf.
Check out the individual recipes of Valaikappu lunch menu in the below links. Will add the pending recipe links as and when I post them.
Preparation of valaikappu lunch menu
- Proper planning is required to make so many dishes alone. I always plan ahead and start the prep work 2-3 days ahead of making the menu.
- Started with making spring roll sheets 3 days ahead as well as prepared sathu maavu ladoo on the same day.
- Next day prepared basundi and refrigerated and prepared the stuffing for poli.
- Prepared Poli previous day early morning as stuffing was ready.
- Then made all spice powders ready for curry leaves rice, peanut rice and vangi bath.
- Made stuffing for spring roll sheets and prepared the spring rolls
- Chopped veggies for fried rice and cleaned mint and coriander for thogayal.
- On the day boiled rice for peanut rice, curry leaves rice and vangi bath first and allowed it to cool down.
- Cooking rice for curd rice and prepared it first as I always use milk and curd. It will be perfectly ferment during lunch time.
- Then started cooking side dishes one by one and parallely cooked rice for fried rice.
- Once the side dishes are ready, made the tempering and prepared the peanut rice, curry leaves rice and vangi bath rice quickly as powders were ready previous day itself.
- Kept pongal in cooker and made fried rice next and finally made the Biryani.
- Enjoy the delicious menu.
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share picture of recipe with hashtag #namscorner in instagram or mail me @firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Pinterest or subscribe to get regular updates on your mail box.