Non Veg Lunch Menu 4 | Chettinad Non Veg Thali
Next in my series of thali is Chettinad Non Veg Thali. Chettinad cuisine is the cuisine of a community called the Nattukotai Chettiars, or Nagarathars as they call themselves, from the Chettinad region of Tamil Nadu state in South India. Speciality of this cuisine is freshly grounded spices. Chettiars also use a variety of sun-dried meats and salted vegetables.
Chettinad cuisine offers a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. In Chettinad food, major spices used include anasipoo (star aniseed), kalpasi (a lichen), puli (tamarind), milagai (chillies), sombu (fennel seed), pattai (cinnamon), lavangam (cloves), bay leaf, karu milagu (peppercorn), jeeragam (cumin seeds), and venthayam (fenugreek).(Source:Wiki)
Chettinad food is so flavorful, spicy and one of our favorite cuisines. Thali includes mutton soup, aromatic mutton biryani made with seeraga samba rice, chettinad egg masala, mutton sukka, tawa fried prawns and karandi omelette. Plan this menu for special guests or weekend lunch and enjoy with your family and friends.
Check out the individual recipe links below. Most of the recipes are not in blog. I will add the link to the recipes as and when I blog them.
Tawa fried prawns
Preparation of Chettinad Non Veg Thali
- First cook the mutton and make soup for kids.
- Clean and marinate the prawns
- Prepare the masala for egg curry.
- Then you can prepare the egg masala and tawa fry the prawns
- Use half of the cooked mutton to make sukka and other half for biryani.
- Make the spicy paste and coconut milk ready for biryani.
- Once sukka is ready you can start making biryani.
- Finally you can make the karandi omelette and raita.
- Chettinad thali is ready to be served.
- You can cook this entire thali in 2.5 hours.
- Include some desserts in the menu to make it more special.
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share picture of recipe with hashtag #namscorner in instagram or mail me @firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Pinterest or subscribe to get regular updates on your mail box.