Pongal Festival Menu | Pongal Lunch Menu
Pongal Festival Menu | Pongal Lunch Menu. Pongal is celebrated as harvest festival for four long days in Tamilnadu. It is always very special in our home. My father always celebrates Pongal more than Diwali. We will get new dress for Pongal and we always celebrate it on early morning when the sun rises. Each family and each state will have different way of celebrating Pongal. Pongal celebrations start with Bhogi, followed by thai pongal, mattu pongal and kaanum pongal.
Most of the people in villages celebrate mattu pongal which is celebrated for cows for helping farmers in harvest. Here I have shared the dishes we make on the day of Pongal. We always make Paal Pongal and sakkarai pongal in a pot. My mom makes Pongal sambar with many vegetables and also make yellow pumpkin poriyal. In my parents home we will eat pongal for breakfast as well as for lunch. My hubby don’t eat pongal at all so I have to prepare rice for him. Here is the simple pongal festival menu.
Dishes not included in the picture
- Start with soaking urad dal for vadai as soon as you get up.
- Then you can prepare the pot for pongal. Checkout my pongal recipe post for details and pictures
- Boil the dal for sambar in induction and start making Pongal in the two stove.
- Then cut the vegetables for making sambar and keep it ready.
- Once the pongal is done, we can prepare sambar, poriyal and payasam.
- Finally prepare the batter for vadai.
- Better to celebrate and offer to sun god on early morning.
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share picture of recipe with hashtag #namscorner in instagram or mail me @firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Pinterest or subscribe to get regular updates on your mail box.