Veg Lunch Menu 4 | Weekend Lunch Menu | Sambar, vatha kuzhambu, Potato fry, carrot beans poriyal, Keerai poriyal
Veg Lunch Menu 4 includes Sambar, vatha kuzhambu, Potato fry, carrot beans poriyal, Keerai poriyal, rasam and curd. Typical South Indian meals without vadai and payasam. Sometimes I will prepare some elaborate lunch during weekend to satisfy our taste buds. This is my saturday lunch menu as sundays are mostly non veg days.
You can prepare this entire spread in 2 hours. If you do some prep work of chopping veggies before you can save some more time too. South Indian meals is incomplete without sambar and 2-3 different types of poriyal. I also fried appalam and fryums. But they disappeared faster before I could click the photos.
Check the individual recipe link with step by step pictures of Weekend Lunch Menu below. Some of the recipes will be added later.
Carrot beans poriyal
Preparation of Veg Lunch Menu 4
- Start by boiling dal for sambar and boiling potatoes.
- Chop onions for vatha kuzhambu and start making it.
- While it is boiling chop the carrot, beans and keerai.
- Once the dal is done, we can temper and start preparing sambar in kadai.
- Reserve some dal water for rasam
- You can make carrot beans poriyal in pressure cooker.
- Peel the potatoes and make the fry.
- Once keerai is washed and chopped, can make the poriyal quickly in 15 minutes.
- You can make any type of Rasam.
- Make Potato Methi Roast instead of potato fry for variation.
- You can include some kottu in the menu.
- Vatha kuzhambu you can prepare previous day too as it will taste much better next day.
- Include some appalam, fryums and pickle.
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share picture of recipe with hashtag #namscorner in instagram or mail me @email@example.com. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Pinterest or subscribe to get regular updates on your mail box