Veg Lunch Menu 3 includes Lemon rice, Tomato rice, potato fry, kothavarangai poriyal and tomato raita. This is simple variety rice lunch menu for a change from usual curry and poriyal. I made white rice and curd separately apart from the ones in the pictures. You can add some curd rice, pickle and fryums. Prepartion work is not much required for this combo and we can quickly make this simple variety lunch menu.
Growing up some days my mom always makes some tamarind or lemon rice with potato poriyal and rasam. But my mother in law always makes some variety of curry and poriyal. They don't much like variety rice recipes except during travel. So these menu appear in my kitchen very rarely. Some days I do cook things I like and enjoy.
Check the individual recipe links with step by step pictures for Veg Lunch Menu 3 below
Preparation of Veg Lunch Menu 3
- Chop the veggies. Cluster beans can be cut and kept in fridge previous day itself to save some time in the morning.
- My kids love one pot tomato rice rather than cooking rice and mixing. So I prepared tomato rice in cooker and prepared white rice separately.
- Prepare lemon rice and use the rest of white rice with curd.
- Chop the potatoes and allow it to fry.
- You can make kothavarangai poriyal in parallel. You can make it in cooker to save time
- Make some onion or tomato raita.
- You can include some chips/appalam/fryums or pickle.
- Check out other variety rice recipes from the blog
- We also love Mint Thogayal for lemon or tamarind rice.
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share picture of recipe with hashtag #namscorner in instagram or mail me @email@example.com. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Pinterest or subscribe to get regular updates on your mail box