Learn how to amaze your guests with this South Indian Special Meals Menu. This menu covers a typical special south Indian meals served in marriages, hotels or any special occasions. I always plan for elaborate menu when I have some guests coming over. Serve it on banana leaf for your guests. My mom always makes sambar, two or three side dishes, rasam and curd for weekend lunch. We can add one vatha kuzhambu or mor kuzhambu, vadai, payasam, appalam to make it even more special.
Check out the recipes of south Indian special lunch menu. I will add link to other recipes as and when I add them to blog.
Tempered dal with ghee
Avarakkai/ Broad beans Sambar
Ladies finger/Vendakkai mor kuzhambu
Mushroom matar dry masala
Preparation of South Indian Special Meals
You can always chop the vegetables previous day. You can even make batter for vadai and prepare dessert previous day depending on your choice. I prepared this elaborate menu on the same day without any prior preparation. I took me around 3 hours for preparing everything from scratch.
- Soak Urad dal for vadai and soak sago for payasam in hot water
- Pressure cook the potatoes in one stove and boiled peas in induction stove.
- Wash and chop the manathakali keerai and keep it ready.
- Once potatoes are cooked, cook the dal in same pressure cooker.
- Peel the potatoes and make the potatoes fry.
- In another pan you can start making mushroom matar masala.
- While cooking is going on I will cut the vegetables and onions in parallel.
- Once the dal is cooked, you can start preparing keerai kottu and saute the veggies for sambar.
- Temper little dal with ghee and take water for making rasam
- I used the same dal for making keerai kottu
- Pressure cook the sambar and make beetroot poriyal in another stove.
- When one stove is free, boil the rice and take in hot pack.
- Finally prepare the tomato rice and payasam.
- Fry the vada just before serving
- You can include Vatha kuzhambu instead of mor kuzhambu.
- You can include veg biryani or pulao instead of tomato rice.
- Check out other side dishes and desserts recipes.
If you have tried any of the recipe and liked it, please do leave your valuable comment and share picture of recipe with hashtag #namscorner in instagram or mail me @firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Pinterest or subscribe to get regular updates on your mail box.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#116
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Harini Rupanagudi says
Suma Gandlur says
Srivalli Jetti says
Srividhya Gopalakrishnan says